ODBC Reselecting

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Bob_Lantz_(Guest)

ODBC Reselecting

Post by Bob_Lantz_(Guest) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:30 pm

I^m using R&R 12.5 with MS Access data files and tables. Somehow one of my reports has become pointed to an ODBC data source that does not have the tables needed for the report to run. I^ve linked all the tables in the one where it should be pointed to the place where it was looking with the hopes of redirecting it once I could get the report to open. This seems to work and I can run the report, but now have a bunch of tables linked to an Access file that is unrelated to it.____Under the File menu I went into Data Source Connections and added the other (correct) source, but can^t get the report shifted to the correct source and delete the incorrect one.____Suggestions??

kfleming

=> RE: ODBC Reselecting

Post by kfleming » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:36 pm

You need to make the change to the datasource when you open the report. There is not a way to do it once the report is open.____Close the report, go back to File Open dialog in the Designer. This dialog will let you select the report and then in the third box will let you select the alternate data source.____Kathleen__R&R Support