ASC()

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Dave_Francis_(Guest)

ASC()

Post by Dave_Francis_(Guest) » Wed May 22, 2002 7:46 am

I have a problem with RR version 6 to 9. I need to get the actual ASCII or HEX values of some bytes within a string. The ASC() function appears to react to RRW.SRT settings and cannot be relied upon. Tried external DLL with CDLL() but I read here that this does not work with 8.1 up. Anyone any ideas how to solve this?____TIA____Dave Francis

kfleming

=> RE: ASC()

Post by kfleming » Thu May 23, 2002 8:45 am

CDLL() should work.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Dave_Francis_(Guest)

==> RE: ASC()

Post by Dave_Francis_(Guest) » Thu May 23, 2002 10:57 am

Kathleen,____Thanks for the reassurance on CDLL(). I^m willing to bet money that the problem is my ability to write the DLL correctly. Just to confirm, I^m doing this right -____The 8000 byte buffer is passed by reference to my function; that is I receive one parameter that is the pointer to the start of this buffer.__I write to the buffer then return a logical true. I should be able to parse the buffer back in RR____TIA____Dave Francis

kfleming

===> RE: ASC()

Post by kfleming » Fri May 24, 2002 7:50 am

sounds correct to me.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Dave_Francis_(Guest)

====> RE: ASC()

Post by Dave_Francis_(Guest) » Fri May 24, 2002 8:14 am

Hi Kathleen,____Thanks for the vote of confidence, but it was me all the time!!! (Always is,actually). I had some dependencies from my dll to other dlls and in my haste to test had not put them in the right place. ____As you say, Works a treat!. Thanks for the help - just needed to talk it through...____Dave Francis