Overriding data directory

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Ace_Grace

Overriding data directory

Post by Ace_Grace » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:28 am

Hi,____I am using V12.0.002 of R&R and have bumped into the following problem.____I am trying to use RRWRUN.EXE to execute reports.____The reports were written with the data directory specified as G: on our network.____If I override the data directory using /D switch, it doesn^t change the data directory unless I disconnect the network drive.____Why is this?____Shouldn^t the /D switch override regardless of whether the reports data path exists. ____This means that I can^t run a report on different sets of data especially if they are in different folders on my C: drive for example.______Regards

kfleming

=> RE: Overriding data directory

Post by kfleming » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:34 am

The /D on the command line sets the default data directory that gets used only when the saved data path in the report cannot be found.__To tell runtime to use a different path than the ones saved in the report, you need to use the RI_MASTER and RI_ALIAS fields in the control table. Use of these fields is described in the help file.____Kathleen__R&R Support