PDF eBurst

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Shawn_(Guest)

PDF eBurst

Post by Shawn_(Guest) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:11 pm

Using R&R version 10+ I need to know if it is possible to pass the "subject" and the "message" as parameters rather than storing these values in the report itself.

kfleming

=> RE: PDF eBurst

Post by kfleming » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:10 am

Do you mean using PDFeBURST or from the report designer itself?____In the Designer we added the ability to have the subject and message be field values in Version 11.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Shawn_(Guest)

==> RE: PDF eBurst

Post by Shawn_(Guest) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:08 am

I think you have answered my question because I don^t want to use the report designer to prompt because this is being launched from within an application and we want to set these values within the other software and then have R&R do its thing. So you say that version 11 has that capability to set the email subject and email body as field values that can be passed as parameters?

kfleming

===> RE: PDF eBurst

Post by kfleming » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:45 am

version 11 does have capability to set the email subject and email body as field values. These fields can be parameteRR fields (so that the user is given a prompt screen at runtime to enter the value) or can be an RIPARAM() calculation so that the value can be explicitly set using a runtime control file.______Kathleen__R&R Support