Paper source selection

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Michael_Hoffmann_(Guest)

Paper source selection

Post by Michael_Hoffmann_(Guest) » Tue Apr 03, 2001 9:12 am

Hi folks,____In the DOS versions of R&R the paper tray could be preselected. This information was stored with the report. We^ve used this feature a lot. At one point in our biggest application we are using 3 different forms for truck dispatch. At the push of a button ("print all documents") all required documents for a delivery tour are created: Delivery notes for two different companies with their preprinted logos and a list of all points of unloading on blank paper are being printed.__ So far I have failed to find the point where this can be defined for a report in version 8.x I know it can be done in the printer dialog just before printing each document, but this is definitely not a solution.____Any ideas?____Thanks,____Michael

kfleming

=> RE: Paper source selection

Post by kfleming » Tue Apr 03, 2001 9:17 am

Paper source does get saved with a Windows report.__If you print your report specifications, you will see that the setting is indeed there.____You first select your printer and then use File Page Setup to select the tray.____Regards,__Kathleen__R&R Support

Michael_Hoffmann_(Guest)

==> RE: Paper source selection

Post by Michael_Hoffmann_(Guest) » Tue Apr 03, 2001 9:55 am

Hi Kathleen,____thanks for answering. Maybe the information is stored but it is not (always?) restored upon loading a report. I just tried (again). I set the "Paper Source" to "Cassette-2" in the "Print..." dialog. Then I checked the "Page setup" and "Cassette-2" showed up in the "Source" field. I saved the report and exited R&R. I started R&R again and loaded the report. Then I went back into "Page Setup" and voilá: "Automatically select" could be found in the "Source" field. Believe me, I^ve tried everything. It just doesn^t work! Maybe a bug? I^m using a driver for Kyocera FS-3700 on Windows NT 4.0. Any further ideas?____Kind regards,____Michael.

kfleming

===> RE: Paper source selection

Post by kfleming » Tue Apr 03, 2001 2:10 pm

It could indeed be a problem in our handling of that driver.__I will try to install that one here and see what happens.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Taavi_Remmelg_(Guest)

====> RE: Paper source selection

Post by Taavi_Remmelg_(Guest) » Fri Apr 06, 2001 7:08 am

>It could indeed be a problem __>in our handling of that driver. ____Is it surely a driver-related problem?__Selecting the wrong papert tray (on newer HP models, for example) has become our most frequent tech support call related to R&R. ____Sometimes installing latest drivers helps (Specially on Win NT, where original drivers are mostly from year 97) but on some sites we were unable to solve this problem, so our users have to switch tray manually on every print job... __Have^nt try 9.0 yet, is there any difference between handling printers between 8.1 and 9.0?____Taavi______ __

Michael_Hoffmann_(Guest)

=====> RE: Paper source selection

Post by Michael_Hoffmann_(Guest) » Fri Apr 06, 2001 11:21 am

Hi Taavi,____thanks for your reply. The problem isn^t tray selection itself. That works fine once the proper tray is selected. But the selection saved with the report isn^t restored when the report is run (or reloaded).____Kind regards,____Michael.

kfleming

=====> RE: Paper source selection

Post by kfleming » Sun Apr 08, 2001 6:29 pm

We did not make any changes in Version 9 in the area of printer driver support.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Michael_Hoffmann_(Guest)

======> RE: Paper source selection

Post by Michael_Hoffmann_(Guest) » Tue Apr 17, 2001 5:32 am

Hi Kathleen,____it still doesn^t work with version 9.0. Is it a bug? When will it be fixed?____Kind regards,____Michael.

kfleming

=======> RE: Paper source selection

Post by kfleming » Tue Apr 17, 2001 8:18 am

It is listed in our bug database and we will attempt to include a fix in our next release.____Kathleen__R&R Support