ParameteRR field prompting

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
PTan_(Guest)

ParameteRR field prompting

Post by PTan_(Guest) » Wed May 09, 2001 8:44 am

Hello, we^re using Win2K Professional and R&R ver. 9.0. We have a bunch of letters in MS Word that users are using to edit then send to clients. The client information is in a Clipper database and users are manually typing in the client information. We would like to automate the process by using R&R.____I^ve managed to get things started by using R&R to retrieve the required information from the database and inserted a text file for the body of the letter. The body of the letter contains ParameteRR fields enclosed by "", as suggested by the user guide, Chapter 19 - Creating Form Letter Reports. However, when I preview the letter/report, the only ParameteRR field that will prompt are the ones that appear on the designer. The ParameteRR fields embedded in the text file will not prompt.____How I got around this was to place the embedded ParameteRR fields in the text file in a separate page, the last page, then print the letter/report excluding the last page. Is there a better way of doing this? Please advise & thanks in advance.

kfleming

=> RE: ParameteRR field prompting

Post by kfleming » Thu May 10, 2001 7:48 am

ParameteRR fields will only appear in the prompt screen if they are used in the report. We do not see the embedded fields in the text file until runtime so they appear as un-used.____You can either place them on a hidden area of the layout or use them as a sort/group field to turn them in to "used".____Kathleen__R&R Support

PTan

==> RE: ParameteRR field prompting

Post by PTan » Fri May 11, 2001 8:04 am

Thank you, I^ll try it out.