Access violation running PDF

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
mikeg_(Guest)

Access violation running PDF

Post by mikeg_(Guest) » Fri Apr 19, 2002 3:18 pm

Using a script file and running reports from a command line using RRWRUN (version 9) to create a PDF output file, I^m getting an access violation. The error happens on a machine(NT) that does not have version 9 installed but does have the distribution files based on the document for distributing reports for version 9. It does have version 8.1 installed.____Is there anything I^m missing. I read response to simonec on "Access Violation running PDF^s Ver9". But I am still getting error. Is it an .ini issue? Is it confusing the version?____Thank you in advance.____

kfleming

=> RE: Access violation running PDF

Post by kfleming » Fri Apr 19, 2002 3:53 pm

What are your settings for RI_PRINTER, RI_WPTR and RI_OUTFILE?____Kathleen__R&R Support

mikeg_(Guest)

==> RE: Access violation running PDF

Post by mikeg_(Guest) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 3:11 pm

Here are my settings:____RI_PRINTER=__RI_WPTR=R&R PDF Export__RI_OUTFILE=D:WINEXPRDATAE.PDF__RI_STATUS=T__

kfleming

===> RE: Access violation running PDF

Post by kfleming » Tue Apr 23, 2002 8:35 pm

Do you have sufficient access rights to install a printer?__Kathleen__R&R Support

mikeg_(Guest)

====> RE: Access violation running PDF

Post by mikeg_(Guest) » Wed Apr 24, 2002 12:17 pm

I have administrators rights. Is there something I need to register on the computer? I found that if I install Version 9, uninstall and reinstall 9, It works. But a computer with only version 8 on it, it fails.

sharms

=====> RE: Access violation running PDF

Post by sharms » Fri May 31, 2002 2:50 pm

I get the same error on a Win 2000 Machine at my clients site. It says RRWRUN.EXE caused an error and windows will shut it down etc.__I checked with the Network Admin at my clients site and he says that he has given this user full administrative rights. __The cdfint.dll, ACFPDF.dll files are in the same directory as the RRWRUN.EXE____I have Win 2000 too, for me the report generates PDF files correcctly. The only difference is that I have the whole version installed including the Designer.____The settings used for both the machines are as follows____RI_PRINTER=__RI_WPTR=R&R PDF Export__RI_OUTFILE=C:Bill of Lading 8125.pdf____