Passing Parameters to rswrun.exe

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Andy

Passing Parameters to rswrun.exe

Post by Andy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:08 pm

I have a front end that builds parameters that are being sent into the report writer. Since I want to use .NET and get away from VB6, I was advised to use rswrun.exe and that I could insert parameters the same as I could with the ocx. Using the chapter in Developing Applications (Using the Report Viewer), I built the rswrunin.txt file, using the same filters I used in the VB6 appication. I cannot get the rswrun.exe to recognize the parameters I send.____The file that I have built to send parameters into rswrun.exe is:__RI_PRINTER=D__RI_REPLACE=<<^INCLUDE^) as CMi>><<^REVENUE^, ^OFFER^, ^INCLUDE^, ^MACRO^) as Aii>>,<<Report_Seq = 1447>>, <<ORDER BY VPL.Offer_Product_ID ASC>>__RI_REPORT=C:SourceSafeDTI Version 9.1VBCodeReportReportTestinSEQPROD2_NOGROUP.rsw__RI_FILTER=Offer= 03BIGBK 2003 WORK/1 - 2003 BIG BOOK;Title=;Criteria=ORDER BY Product ID ASC;WHERE=WHERE N/A;OFFERS=OFFERS 03BIGBK 2003 WORK/1 ;CODIV=Comp: FH Div: 01__RI_INCLUDE=O____However, when I run the exe, it doesn^t do anything. The rswrun.out shows this.__[RSW Runtime output]__RO_ECODE=R__RO_EMSG=Unrecognized name or operator at offset 1 of RI_FILTER__RO_REPORTS=0__RO_PAGES=0__RO_RIRECNO=____I don^t understand the cryptic message regarding RI_FILTER. It is the same filter I would use for the ocx. Is there something else I should be doing?____Thank you in advance for your assistance.

kfleming

=> Passing Parameters to rswrun.exe

Post by kfleming » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:10 pm

The syntax of RI_FILTER is the same as a logical field expression in R&R itself.____So take the RI_FILTER, paste it into the report as a calculated expression and make sure that it verifies and returns a logical value.______Kathleen__R&R Support

Andy

==> RE: Passing Parameters rswrun.exe

Post by Andy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:01 pm

Thank you.____I was able to determine I did nto need RI_FILTER for what I wanted to do. The values that are in the RI_FILTER are RIPARMS in the report. Once I pulled those out and put them on separate lines, the report ran as I expected.____So, my rswrunin.text file now looks like below and produces output the way I expected.____RI_PRINTER=D__RI_REPLACE=<<^INCLUDE^) as CMi>><<^REVENUE^, ^OFFER^, ^INCLUDE^, ^MACRO^) as Aii>>,<<Report_Seq = 1496>>, <<ORDER BY VPL.Offer_Product_ID ASC>>__RI_REPORT=C:Documents and SettingsLAndersonDesktopForecast21-91 SandboxSEQPROD2_NOGROUP.rsw__Offer=03BIGBK 2003 WORK/1 - 2003 BIG BOOK__Title=__Criteria=ORDER BY Product ID ASC__WHERE=WHERE N/A__OFFERS=OFFERS 03BIGBK 2003 WORK/1 __CODIV=Comp: FH Div: 01