Picture From Field Feature

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Shawn_Wright_(Guest)

Picture From Field Feature

Post by Shawn_Wright_(Guest) » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:23 am

We have a client on version 10+ and we developed a report that would show a picture from a database field. The field in the database holds the path and file name. When we developed it in-house it worked great but now that the client has it we see nothing. We have verified the data field is correct, we have downloaded the patch files from your website for version 10+, but it still does not work. We have this field displayed in a group footer and the properties are set as follows: Width 2.7, Height .48, Scaling=Stretch. What we do see when we print is the shadow box around the field but no image. The client is on a wireless network but I don^t think that has anything to do with it. Thoughts?

kfleming

=> RE: Picture From Field Feature

Post by kfleming » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:01 am

That would happen if the picture file cannot be found. Does the field have a full or a relative path in the filename field?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Shawn_Wright_(Guest)

==> RE: Picture From Field Feature

Post by Shawn_Wright_(Guest) » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:24 pm

The path is valid, I confirmed it! That is what is so strange. We also take that same database field and display it in a picture box in our software without any problem so I know the path and file name are correct. Any more thoughts?

Shawn_Wright_(Guest)

===> RE: Picture From Field Feature

Post by Shawn_Wright_(Guest) » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:26 pm

Would it help if I emailed you the report file along with the database so you can open it up and link the report to the database?

Shawn_Wright_(Guest)

====> RE: Picture From Field Feature

Post by Shawn_Wright_(Guest) » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:19 pm

Any more thoughts...

kfleming

=====> RE: Picture From Field Feature

Post by kfleming » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:44 pm

Please send the files to me.____Kathleen__R&R Support__livesupport@livewarepub.com