Pivot Tables

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Linda_Kay

Pivot Tables

Post by Linda_Kay » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:49 pm

First of all, my condolences to Kathleen. She is a wonderful support for us.__I create reports for clients and they access them using the distributed rrrun.exe. Is it possible for me to create a report with which our clients can generate a pivot table in Excel. In other words, I want to supply the data elements through R&R that they will use in an Excel Pivot table. Is this possible?

kfleming

=> RE: Pivot Tables

Post by kfleming » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:12 pm

You can export to a Pivot table via runtime by setting RI_PRINTER to Excel PivotTable and RI_EXPDST field to either a D F or P depending on how you want the pivot table to display.____The pivot table settings would need to be saved in the report for this to work.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Linda_Kay

=> RE: RI_EXPDST

Post by Linda_Kay » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:28 am

I don^t know what/where the RI_EXPDST field is nor does my programmer. I checked help and can^t find it listed. I am using Infinity.

Alan_Klein

==> RE: RI_EXPDST

Post by Alan_Klein » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:23 pm

Information about these are in the RSWRUN.hlp (or RRWRUN.hlp) help file that should be in your R&R folder and/or on the CD.