Postgres error with RR SGL designer

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Sergio_(Guest)

Postgres error with RR SGL designer

Post by Sergio_(Guest) » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:07 am

Cannot connect to Postgres database. We are getting a schema error. Does RR have a fix for this?____Thanks..__Sergio

kfleming

=> Postgres error with RR SGL designer

Post by kfleming » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:47 am

We do not have a fix. Are there any configuration settings in the driver that might help?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Sergio_(Guest)

==> Postgres error with RR SQL designer

Post by Sergio_(Guest) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:05 am

Kathleen,____The exact error is:__DB access error: Schema "dcl-gti" does not exist____This error happens on new reports and existing reports if I add new relation table via join.____Weird thing is old reports all work if left as is.____I check all my options, and cannot see where a setting would work. the other weird thing I noticed on new report only is that the all the field names have this prefix which never was there before, something like:__<<"dcl-gti".tablename>>____I also tested sams ODBC with MS Access and everything worked as is, therefore the problem is with RR and not the ODBC driver.____Please help.__Ciao..__Sergio

huftiw

===> RE: Postgres error with RR SQL

Post by huftiw » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:03 pm

It would appear that R&R is using the user entry from the psql driver as the schema name, which is incorrect. Can anyone verify this?