Print Preview Documentation

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Andy

Print Preview Documentation

Post by Andy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:34 pm

I am in the process of documenting the various buttons in the print preview window, but I cannot find any documentation from your site that explains the buttons. They are, for the most part, self-explanatory, however, one button is not. This is the left arrow button. The tool tip that accompanies the button says Restart Report, but I don^t know what that means. When I click this button, it takes me back to the first page. I already have that capability, so it doesn^t make sense to have two buttons that do the same thing. Does this button actually re-run the report? If so, why would I want to do that? It^s not like I can change anything on the report, as it is read only. Where can I find documentation that explains these buttons in the print preview window?____Thank you.

kfleming

=> RE: Print Preview Documentation

Post by kfleming » Sun May 02, 2010 8:49 pm

It is in Chapter 16 of the Help file in the section on previewing the report.____The re-start report button refreshes data and also prompts for any parameters that are used in the report. The go to page 1 uses the current data snapshot and goes back to page 1.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Andy

==> RE: Print Preview Documentation

Post by Andy » Tue May 11, 2010 8:45 am

Thank you. That was what I needed.