ActiveX Group level in relation

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Jack_Hellmuth_(Guest)

ActiveX Group level in relation

Post by Jack_Hellmuth_(Guest) » Fri Dec 21, 2001 1:29 pm

I wasn^t sure if anyone saw this under another post so:____Does the ActiveX control support UNC names?____I have successfully used the ActiveX with UNC filenames except for one type of instance. In a separate post (on 12/601 - "OCX in Delphi; groupfields problem" I defined a problem I was having with the ActiveX control. To recap, I get a "unknown or ambiguous group field^ error for certain reports. I have now narrowed down the circumstances under which the problem happens. If I have a master table that is on a local drive (i.e., c: mp est.dbf) and relate it to a network table using the UNC name (\servernamesharenamedetail.dbf), the report will work until I add a group level based on the related table. If I use the same master table and relate it to a local drive copy of the network table, it works. It would seem that the ActiveX does not deal with a mixture of drive-mapped and UNC names together when it comes to group levels. At lease that what it seems like with what I have tested so far. For what it^s worth, if I open the report files with notepad, I can see that the UNC names and drive-mapped names appear to be correct in all the reports including the ones don^t work with the activeX.____By the way, this test was done with rrw32.ocx version 9.0.6.0 which Kathleen emailed to me on 12/6/01.__