Print error via LPR

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
rwalker

Print error via LPR

Post by rwalker » Tue Oct 30, 2001 12:52 am

We have 2 Xerox DT65 printers which are connected to our NT network - although we don^t print to them via our NT server - we just use the network cabling to allow us to print directly from our PC^s to the printers via LPR.____Since upgrading to R&R9 I have been getting the following error message:__"Windows could not write to the printer spool file__ Make sure your disk has enough free space and try again"__ __At first I though the problem was something to do with our setup but I have since found that:__ __1. If I "launch" a report via the Report Librarian and press the PRINT toolbar button, the report will run successfully to the printer that the report is currently pointing to.__ __2. If I change ANYTHING in the report & then print the report I get the error described above. For example, if the report is currently pointing to one of our DT65 printers when I "launch" it & I go into FILE - PRINT and change the selected printer to the second DT65 printer via the drop-down selection box and then press PRINT - I get the error. If I then save the report (which is now pointing to the second DT65), exit the Report Designer back to the Report Librarian, QUIT the Catalog, then re-enter the Catalog, "launch" the report again and press the PRINT toolbar button without changing anything else - the report successfully prints to the second DT65 printer. I get this behavior whether I run the reports via the Report Librarian or directly via the Report Designer.__ __Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?? ____TIA__ __Rick__