Printer Selection

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Eric_(Guest)

Printer Selection

Post by Eric_(Guest) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:34 pm

Hi, I am using RR 12 and on some of the computers, at runtime, on some of the computers when we let the users select the printer by putting ^?^ in the printer field of the run-in file, it does not list any printers and quit when we know they^re there. How does RRWRUN see the printers that are defined in the printer manager? __any help will be appreciated.____thanks.

kfleming

=> RE: Printer Selection

Post by kfleming » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:30 am

It makes a call to the operating system to get a list of printers. Is this a Citrix environment?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Eric_(Guest)

==> RE: Printer Selection

Post by Eric_(Guest) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:37 am

>It makes a call to the operating system to get a list of __>printers. Is this a Citrix environment? __Yes, some of these printers are configured via jet direct card and some are via server, in the printer managers, printers are listed but when the user select ^select printer^, it does not show anything.__Rights issue?____>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support __

kfleming

===> RE: Printer Selection

Post by kfleming » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:07 am

Definitely a configuration issue but I do not know enough about Citrix to know what needs to be changed to allow R&R to see the available printers. If any one out there has a suggestion it would be much appreciated.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Eric_(Guest)

====> RE: Printer Selection

Post by Eric_(Guest) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:23 am

Also, on some of the computers that can print, users can^t see it on the screen. I am using Citrix Presentation Server (base Win Server 2003 64-bit, standard edition)