Printer Tray Problem

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Randal_Ferguson_(Guest)

Printer Tray Problem

Post by Randal_Ferguson_(Guest) » Sat Nov 17, 2001 8:33 am

All,____I have customer using an HP6P and a Brother HL1650 printer. When printing with R&R 6.5 or R&R 8.1 the output always goes to the manual feed tray on the 6P and the lower tray on the Brother. No matter what settings are configured for the printer drivers the output always goes to the wrong tray. The reports are not configured for any particular printer tray. The customer says that all other win apps including Word, Excel, Quickbooks, etc. go to the default tray but R&R always goes to the manual feed tray. Is there anyway to correct this?____Thanks,__Randal Ferguson

kfleming

=> RE: Printer Tray Problem

Post by kfleming » Sat Nov 17, 2001 1:58 pm

R&R does imprint a tray setting into a saved report and in fact includeds the tray selection in the report specs.____You best alternative is to save the report using the HP driver and selecting the desired tray within the saved report.______Kathleen__R&R Support

Randal_Ferguson_(Guest)

==> RE: Printer Tray Problem

Post by Randal_Ferguson_(Guest) » Mon Nov 19, 2001 5:34 pm

Kathleen,____Thanks for your response...____>R&R does imprint a tray setting into a saved report and in __>fact includeds the tray selection in the report specs. __>__>You best alternative is to save the report using the HP __>driver and selecting the desired tray within the saved __>report. ____All of the reports are saved using the HP6L driver. I see where it is specifying a printer tray but when I print the report specifications I cannot see any reference to the tray there. I need a way for the report to use whatever the default tray setting is for that printer driver. ____We sell a vertical market app and have thousands of users. Modifying hundreds of reports for each user^s printer would not be feasable. Is there a way to not specify a tray or is there a printer driver I can use that would make the reports compatible with any printer driver? Surely anyone using R&R and selling software on the open market would have the same problem, what are other companies doing?____Thanks,__Randal Ferguson______

Randal_Ferguson_(Guest)

==> RE: Printer Tray Problem

Post by Randal_Ferguson_(Guest) » Mon Nov 19, 2001 5:36 pm

Kathleen,____Also, if I had to reprogram every report for a specific printer what am I to do when the user has several different kinds of printers, which is quite often the case?____Thanks,__Randal Ferguson

Sergio_(Guest)

===> RE: Printer Tray Problem

Post by Sergio_(Guest) » Sun Dec 09, 2001 8:37 pm

Hi Randal,____If they allow us to send printer ESC codes to the printer within our reports just like the R&R dos version than all your problems would be fixed. ____R&R dev people know about this problem, maybe with your help and others they realize that this fix would satisfy many customers.____I must agree with you where it is a pain to maintain a software package that should be off-shelf where you are stuck resaving all reports for every customer you sell it to. Come on R&R development, are you listening, please make life easy for us developpers.____Take care...__Sergio

Taavi_Remmelg_(Guest)

=> RE: Printer Tray Problem

Post by Taavi_Remmelg_(Guest) » Wed Dec 12, 2001 6:47 am

>When printing with R&R 6.5 or R&R 8.1 the output always goes __>to the manual feed tray on the 6P and the lower tray on the __>Brother. ____We have the same situation here and I have seen HPIIIP drivers working correctly with newer HP printers. In fact using HP III drivers is our standard solution for print tray (and font) problems with our R&R reports and HP printers. Seems to help: customers do not call back with this problem.__