Printer Tray Settings

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
alasurovava

Printer Tray Settings

Post by alasurovava » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:15 am

Hello,____We have a client who has upgraded their printing system to use the Xerox FollowMe (Apeos Ware Management) printing solution where there is a server print queue that multiple printers share and which requires users to use authentication to retrieve print outs from a physical printer.____Since the upgrade report sent to the default windows print queue throw an error at the printer and report that the Tray 1 paper options are incorrect.____They have the option to select the printer settings via R&R, the app then sets Printer := ^?^ and the dialog is displayed correctly, but this does not make any difference, the error still arises.____Are there any settings that can be changed in either the ini file or the call to the OSX to resolve this?____The reports are run using RSWRun.exe 12.6.125____Thank you

Ronnieunign

=> RE: Printer Tray Settings

Post by Ronnieunign » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:36 am

I have a similar problem, site has used HP printers for several decades across the network with no problems. Now they are changing to Xerox FollowMe queues. I get a issue with the reports saying: "Cannot match printer or port in control file". The report is set for screen preview before printing. Can anyone out the help please?____Best regards,____Bruce

Mark_Fonseca_(Guest)

==> RE: Printer Tray Settings

Post by Mark_Fonseca_(Guest) » Thu May 04, 2017 9:39 am

>I have a similar problem, site has used HP printers for __>several decades across the network with no problems. Now __>they are changing to Xerox FollowMe queues. I get a issue __>with the reports saying: "Cannot match printer or port in __>control file". The report is set for screen preview before __>printing. Can anyone out the help please? __>__>Best regards, __>__>Bruce ____==========================================================__Printer issues like the one you mention and in the previous post too, generally point to some lack of User permission to use that printer. Might be worth checking that out.____Regards__Mark Fonseca__www.pdf-explode.com__