Printer control codes

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Jeff_Fried_(Guest)

Printer control codes

Post by Jeff_Fried_(Guest) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:56 am

Is there a way to embed printer control codes withing R&R.____For example, I want to begin and end bolding for a section of a piece of text, such as "Title: this is a test", where I want "Title" to be bolded and the rest non bolded. The escape sequence for starting bolding for an HP laserjet is 27,40,115,51,66, but I haven^t figured out how I can send this to the printer via R&R.____Is there a way to accomplish this without my need to separate the "Title:" from the "this is a test" in the example above?____Thank you.____Jeff

kfleming

=> RE: Printer control codes

Post by kfleming » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:05 am

There is not a way to embed printer codes (except in memo fields where you can place code to turn bold off and on) but you could use separate fields on the layout for each portion of the text so that you could individually apply bold.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Rozhovreld

==> RE: Printer control codes

Post by Rozhovreld » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:48 pm

>There is not a way to embed printer codes (except in memo __>fields where you can place code to turn bold off and on) but __>you could use separate fields on the layout for each portion __>of the text so that you could individually apply bold. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support ____If I^m not mistaken, you^re saying to have two fields, one the bolded title of the section, the other the non-bolded text. The problem with this is when you have the title on the left and the text to the right of the title. When the text wraps, it will be left-aligned with the text field (i.e., indented out to the left edge of where that second, non-bolded field is. I^m trying to have it wrap back to the beginning of the line. The effect I^m looking for is:____BOLDED TEXT - non-bolded text that continues until it gets to the point where is wraps, and as you see, it wraps back to the beginning if there is enough text to make it wrap, and if the forum^s screen were not so wide I wouldn^t have had to keep typing something until it wraps and you can see my example.____Any way to accomplish this, Kathleen?