Printer selection

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
jefffried

Printer selection

Post by jefffried » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:57 pm

This question relates to printing setups in a report^s control file (dbf version).____I know that I can set ri_wptr to "default" if the report should go to the Windows default printer. I also know that I can set ri_wptr to "?" if I want to present the user with a printer selection menu.____But I don^t see how I can set the printer to be a specific printer while also giving the user the option to change to another printer.____This is a case where 95% of the time the running of this report will use a specific network printer, but there are times when the user wants to direct the output to a different printer than that specific network printer. Is there a way to do this?

kfleming

=> RE: Printer selection

Post by kfleming » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:32 am

If you use the ? prompt, the printer list will default to using the default printer.____Or you could add some front end code to manage the printer selection and then set the user^s selection in RI_WPTR outside of R&R.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Jeff_Fried_(Guest)

==> RE: Printer selection

Post by Jeff_Fried_(Guest) » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:14 am

Kathleen,____This sounds like an approach that will work. I had hoped that there would be a way to accomplish this all within R&R but didn^t see an obvious solution. Thank you for confirming this. I^ll try what you recommend.____Jeff