Printing Accounts Payable Checks

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Cliff_Wiernik

Printing Accounts Payable Checks

Post by Cliff_Wiernik » Wed Jan 23, 2002 11:48 pm

I need to print accounts payable checks, laser format as followings____ actual check lines 1-22 __ Voucher 1 lines 23-44__ voucher 2 (duplicate copy of line 23-44) lines 45-66.____If the voucher exceeds the number of lines, it could carry over to page 2 or I could create a separate report with carryover lines as opposed to voiding actual check lines 1-22 on the second check.____How, do you set this up. This is a common item so someone might have an answer already or a sample they could provide.____For a phone check process, where 3 separate checks per page were created, I had a top and bottom margin and had a record height of 3.51 inches. This allowed for each line to properly adjust on the 3 checks, including the MICR line in the correct location on each of the 3 forms per page.____I would like to just print the check as a page header, with a replacement group header on the second page if needed and then print the voucher portion (up to max allowed per 1/3 page) on the 2nd and 3rd 1/3 of a page.____An alternative that I really don^t want to do is to in essence create the temporary work file with 3 groups for each check and create the duplicate data as needed to allow the report program to print the data on each 3rd of a page.____Thanks.