Printing current page in Preview

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Eddie_Marshall

Printing current page in Preview

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:46 am

We use R&R10 Runtime to run reports in our software. ____We have had a problem reported where a user has done a Print Preview of the report and the clicked the ^Print Current Page^ button on the Print preview toolbar. When they do this nothing is printed. However, when they press the ^Print Report^ button, the whole report prints to the correct Default printer. In an attempt to resolve this issue I saved the report file with a different printer at the user^s site. This made both buttons work correctly. However, when I saved the default printer back with the report the ^Print Report^ button works correctly, however, the ^Print Current Page^ button now sends the current page output to the ^old^ printer (the one I previously saved). On our system here both the ^Print Report^ and ^Print Current Page^ buttons print to the default printer regardless of what is saved with the report file.____Does anyone have any possible explanation for the bizarre behaviour?____Thanks in advance.____Eddie

kfleming

=> Printing current page in Preview

Post by kfleming » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:51 am

Does the user also have the interactive print dialog so that they can select a printer prior to going to the preview screen?____R&R looks for the printer saved with the report and if it cannot be found, it will use the current default printer. If a printer is set in the runtime control file, then in V10 R&R will not look for the saved printer but will go straight to what is set in the control file. But what is odd in this case is that the code to print current page/entire report should follow the same path and not be different. So I am puzzled by the peculiar result that you are seeing...____Kathleen__R&R Support

Eddie_Marshall

==> RE:Printing current page in Preview

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:02 am

I am confused just as much as you. The Default printer path is passed to the Runtime control file. Also they have a seperate option to preview to screen or to print directly. On the Print option they have the inercative print dilog.____Thanks anyway.____Eddie