Printing images

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Edward_Cichy_(Guest)

Printing images

Post by Edward_Cichy_(Guest) » Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:58 am

I have a field in my database which contains the name of an image I wish to print(i.e. the picture of the product for a product catalog). The actual images are in gif, bmp, or jpg formats. I have Version 2.0 of Arpeggio and noticed the CDLL function which would probably work by passing the field to a DLL which would print the image. Is this possible in Version 2 or any subsequent Versions of R&R? Is there a DLL out there to perform such a task?

kfleming

=> RE: Printing images

Post by kfleming » Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:52 am

This feature has been added to R&R Version 10 (which is the current upgrade to the older Arpeggio product.)____Kathleen__R&R Support

Bob_Velke

==> RE: Printing images

Post by Bob_Velke » Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:20 pm

How does it work in v10? Do I need to make calls to CDLL?____With Visual Foxpro, does it read images from Memo, Memo (binary), and/or General fields? Or does it only support character fields containing the path/filename of external image files?____Thanks.____-Bob

Bob_Velke

==> RE: Printing images

Post by Bob_Velke » Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:09 pm

V10 picture from field uses character fields containing the path/filename of external image files.____Kathleen__R&R Support

kfleming

===> RE: Printing images

Post by kfleming » Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:19 pm

Also, can I have one or more word-wrapping text objects adjacent to an image?____That is, what happens when an image spans more than one band, like this:____Band 1: |I----| |-Character object#1-|__Band 2: |-M---| |-Character object#2-|__Band 3: |--A--| |-Character object#3-|__Band 4: |---G-| |-Character object#4-|__Band 5: |----E| |-Character object#5-|____What happens to the image if character object#1 wraps to the next line?____What happens to the image if the band on which character object#3 sits is conditional and is false?____Thanks.____-Bob