Problem RTF Export in to MS Word

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
mitch23

Problem RTF Export in to MS Word

Post by mitch23 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:26 am

Hi, we are regularly exporting several R&R reports to .RTF and then printing them from Word.____However this seems to be producing some odd effects: One particular problem is to do with spell checking.__It seems that for some reason most of the output from R&R is marked as ^Do not check spelling or grammar^.__I can highlight the text and use the Word menu ToolsLanguageSet Language to change this - BUT making these changes doesn^t work unless I only highlight a small amount of text at a time. If I try to select all text and then make this change - nothing actually happens.__It seems to be significant that if I highlight a block of text that is definitely ticked as ^do not check^ then i can untick the box ok - but if i highlight a block of text that shows as the solid green ^neutral^ - i.e. a mixture of do and do not check - then trying to remove the tick always fails - and highlighting any large amount of text always has this problem.__I^ve never seen anything like this before, I can only assume is to do with the output from R&R, but I can^t seem to track it or fix it.____Other odd effects are to do with the resulting Headers & Footers seeming to be ^seperate^ - in that changing the Header or footer in Word doesn^t change the appearance of all the pages in the document - we have to change the header or footer on every page - which kind of defeats the object of it being a header. I think this is connected to how Page & Section Breaks are exported, but I^m not sure.____Can anyone help?__thanks