Problem with saving modified reports

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Bill_Samuel

Problem with saving modified reports

Post by Bill_Samuel » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:29 pm

I have just recently installed R&R 12, after having used 7 on an older computer. If I try to same a modified report, I get an error.____On one screen, it says Report Librarian Error__Error Number: 111__Error Message: Cannot update the cursor QRYSPEC, since__Error hasn^t been handled yet____On a screen that is superimposed on that screen, it says:__Librarian Error__Librarian is not available or installed incorrectly, Call for support. RPTSPEC.TXT is missing____Can anyone help me to resolve this problem?____

Chris_Strasser_(Guest)

=> RE: Problem with saving modified reports

Post by Chris_Strasser_(Guest) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:10 pm

I^ve already discussed this with Mr. Samuel. Here^s the fix:__----------------------------------------------------------------__For the moment, the easiest thing to do is turn off Librarian. The RPTSPEC.TXT issue is a known one and seems to occur when saving reports with the Librarian turned on.____Go into your Windows folder and look for the files RRW.INI and RSW.INI and look for the section shown below:____[Defaults]__LIBRARIAN=OFF__DICTIONARY=0______Make sure that these settings are in as shown. You might also have a set of shadow files in your "Virtual Store" which is in the folder____C:UsersYOURUSERNAMEAppDataLocalVirtualStoreWindows______Again, you^d go into the two files RRW.INI and RSW.INI and edit them to turn off the Librarian and Dictionary.____Note that you might have an issue with directly editing and saving the files in the folder. In that case, copy the files to your desktop first and edit them there before copying them back.____Thanks for your patience.__---------------------------------------------------__We meant to turn off Dictionary / Librarian by default and setup the INI files as needed. However, the InstallShield scripter had a setting to turn these both ON. The issue is related to rights in the Program Files (x86) folder. We can^t reproduce the problem with our development system.

Bill_Samuel

==> RE: Problem with saving modified reports

Post by Bill_Samuel » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:17 pm

Just saw this. Tried it and it works. The versions in VirtualStore already had these settings but the versions in the Windows folder needed to be changed. Thank you.