Alternating shaded lines

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
MikeN_(Guest)

Alternating shaded lines

Post by MikeN_(Guest) » Tue May 12, 2009 1:25 pm

Hi Kathleen - been a while!____I^d like to revisit the old topic of alternating shaded lines... many moons ago you posted this on the topic:____"You need to create two identical band lines.____On one of them add a box and set its color to yellow. ____Then create a calculated field with the expression:____MOD(RECNO(),2)=0 ____The select each of these line. For the first set the calc field as the logical field to control printing and print when true.____For the second line do the same but using print when false. ____This should give you alternate shaded bands."______Well, mostly that works, but I^ve hit one where it doesn^t. I think the problem is that I^m sorting the master table, thus the records don^t print out in their natural order.____Is there another way to do this that doesn^t rely on the incrementing record number? We^re on version 11.____Thanks!____Miken__

kfleming

=> RE: Alternating shaded lines

Post by kfleming » Wed May 13, 2009 1:30 pm

The sort would not matter since recno() returns the sequential composite record number after the sort is done.__What type of band line are you using? The recno() technique only works if you are using a record band.__If it is a group band, then you would need a total field that increments each time the group changes and resets at the grand level to use within the mod calculation.____Kathleen__R&R Support