Query Date Format

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Dale_Pearmain_(Guest)

Query Date Format

Post by Dale_Pearmain_(Guest) » Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:53 am

Quite a few of our customers are English and have a lot of reports written in previous versions where the "Compared To" option in the query was free format. We are on the verge of distributing v10 to them and have found that the query (for date fields) now comes as drop-down lists. This is a welcome enhancement in principle, however the format is mm/dd/yy whereas all of the customers^ reports will be in dd/mm/yy. Is there a setting that can be changed to alter this? If not, is there a simple way to change the hundreds of reports to use the mm/dd/yy format?

kfleming

=> RE: Query Date Format

Post by kfleming » Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:30 am

Altough the query interface is different, the behaviour of date formats in queries remains the same as in previous releases.__When a report is created, it inherits the date format that is currently set in the windows control panel. So if you create a report when the date format is mm/dd/yyyy it will require that date format in a query even if the current user^s control panel is set at dd/mm/yyyy.__The only way to change the default within an existing report is to open the report, then open the control panel. Then within the control panel you need to make a date change so that the Apply button is enabled. So if I am opening the report with mm/dd/yyyy and my current control panel setting is dd/mm/yyyy and that is what I want the report to have, I need to edit the control panel to some other date setting and then put back the dd/mm/yyyy so that I can use the Apply button.__Once the Apply is done, when I return to the open report, the setting will have changed within the report and I can save it so that it is retained for the next time the report is opened.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Chris_Barnes

=> RE: Query Date Format

Post by Chris_Barnes » Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:48 am

The query date format takes your regional settings as stated. So if you^re in the UK the required format will be DD/MM/YYYY. Assuming the PC^s have the correct Regional Settings and the reports are saved as having a date format of DD/MM/YYYY, your clients should have no problems. They will be able to enter dates with the correct format. To be clear there should be no need to change reports that alreday have date formats of DD/MM/YYYY. You should, however, ensure you have loaded the latest patch.____I hope this is helpful.____Eddie

Eddie_Marshall

==> RE: Query Date Format

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:43 am

These solutions are all well and good and work fine for any query that is already set up. However if I try to amend a saved query or created a new query, the drop-down lists are in the order Month, Day then Year. So if I need to make the query equal to say January 23rd 2003, I select 01 from the Month drop-down, then 23 from the Day drop-down and 2003 from the Year and when I click OK I get the message "Invalid Value".____It is the format of entering a query I need to change, i.e. have the query dialog box display the drop-down lists as Day, Month, Year rather than Month, Day, Year.

Dale_Pearmain_(Guest)

Post by Dale_Pearmain_(Guest) » Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:22 pm

Please email me directly with the exact R&R version you are using (as shown in Help About.)____Kathleen__R&R Support__kfleming@livewarepub.com

kfleming

===> RE: Query Date Format

Post by kfleming » Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:30 pm

There was a fix for this "feature" as I recall, which was in release 10.00012, which you can download, just double check which version of R&R you are using by going Help -> About. Hope this helps

Dale_Pearmain_(Guest)

Post by Dale_Pearmain_(Guest) » Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:07 am

Had checked the downloads page before posting the original message but it said the patch was not required for users of 10+ so I didn^t download.____Have now downloaded anyway and it is working fine.______Thanks