Query Question

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Chris_(Guest)

Query Question

Post by Chris_(Guest) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:50 pm

Hi Everyone, ____This may seem pretty lame since I am digging back into my old high school computing days, but I am having some problems running some queries....____Basically, I have a simple query that looks something like this:____var1 equal to True__AND var2 equal to "ABC"__AND var3 not equal to "DEF"__AND var4 equal to "GHI"______What I want to have is something like the following:______{ var1 equal to True__AND var2 equal to "ABC"__AND var3 not equal to "Y"__AND var4 equal to "DEF"__}____AND____{ var1 equal to True__AND var2 equal to "ABC"__AND var3 equal to "Y"__AND var4 equal to "GHI"__}____But I can^t figure out how to do this in R&R, or figure out the equivalent logic.____Thanks in advance for any help.____Chris

kfleming

=> RE: Query Question

Post by kfleming » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:15 am

Do you just need some extra parentheses to force the order of eval and an OR?__The expression below would give you everything with a True Var1 and and a Var2 ABC along with the non-Y var 3^s with a Var4 DEF and the var3 Y^s with a var4 GHI.______var1 equal to True AND var2 equal to "ABC" and((var3 not equal to "Y" AND var4 equal to "DEF") or (var3 equal to "Y" AND var4 equal to "GHI"))______Kathleen__R&R Support

Chris_(Guest)

==> RE: Query Question

Post by Chris_(Guest) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:41 pm

The Parentheses pretty much solve my problem, but how do I do that in R&R?

Chris_(Guest)

===> RE: Query Question

Post by Chris_(Guest) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:22 pm

Never mind. I figured out the parentheses.