Query prompt for values

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
AngeldelaNoche

Query prompt for values

Post by AngeldelaNoche » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:00 pm

I have a report that works great, but every time I run it I have to edit the values in the queries. Is there a way to get the program to prompt me for certain values when the report is run?____EZCARMSD -> AR_TYPE is equal to "EM"__and EZCPSHIS -> PSHIDATE is in the range {01/01/2009},{06/16/2009}____I would like it to prompt me for a value for the type and the begin and end dates.

Chris_Hibbert_(Guest)

=> RE: Query prompt for values

Post by Chris_Hibbert_(Guest) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:26 am

You can do this easily.__Go to Calculations----->ParameteRR Field__Select NEW__Name it ^ARTYPE^__Click on the Value tab and make sure the data type is Character__You can put in a default type here if you would most frequently run it with a certain filter but it^s not necessary.__You can now go to the Presentation tab and include optional instructions which will appear at runtime.__When you^re done - click OK__Now go to Database---->Filter__Change your filter from your current: AR_TYPE is equal to ^EM^__and click the ^Field^ lookup and select ARTYPE____Now your filter will be AR_TYPE is equal to ARTYPE (field)____Do the same with the creation of 2 more parameter fields__BEGDATE__and__ENDDATE__except the data type will be Date/Time____then modify your filter to show__PSHIPDATE is greater than or equal to BEGDATE (field)__and PSHIPDATE is less than or equal to ENDDATE (field)____Hope this helps.__Chris__