R & R Export File Default Extension

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Mark_Fonseca_(Guest)

R & R Export File Default Extension

Post by Mark_Fonseca_(Guest) » Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:37 am

I am using the R & R V 8.1 SQL OCX in my VB program. In the program, the users have a choice of Exporting, Printing or Viewing to screen.__My problem is with the File Export functionality. The users select a file path/name . This may or may NOT have a file extension. Where the User intentionally requires the file without an extension, R & R changes the TEXT FILE export to include a TXT extension. How can I prevent this from happening in the OCX?____I checked the Options/File settings (Menu) / Default File Text Extension and even if you intentionally leave this blank, R & R still changes the export filename in the Designer version of V8.1 to include a ^TXT^ extension. Is this a bug?____Please help..__Thanks

kfleming

=> R & R Export File Default Extension

Post by kfleming » Tue Nov 26, 2002 8:47 am

It is by design.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Mark_Fonseca_(Guest)

==> R & R Export File Default Extension

Post by Mark_Fonseca_(Guest) » Wed Nov 27, 2002 1:10 am

Kathleen__does this mean there is no work around for exporting a file with NO extension?__Mark____>It is by design. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support __

kfleming

===> R & R Export File Default Extension

Post by kfleming » Wed Nov 27, 2002 8:30 am

You would have to rename it after it was created I am afraid.____Kathleen__R&R Support