R&R Advantage Databaseserver

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Profix

R&R Advantage Databaseserver

Post by Profix » Mon Apr 02, 2001 1:47 pm

We use R&R for printing reports. The application is using Advantage Database Server (ADS) on a Netware Server.____With Novell client everything prints just fine, BUT__with MS-client for netware, R&R prints OLD DATA!____This is problably because of some caching somewhere. ____We can not trust the printed matter (invoices for example!!!!)____If R&R would support ADS client to access the dbf^s through ADS, the data would be correct, since our application also shows the correct (actual) data.____We can not use MS-CLIENT for some reason...____Has anyone a solution ?____Or to the developteam of R&R : Please ADD this ADS CLIENT.....____We love R&R!____

Cliff_Wiernik_(Guest)

=> RE: R&R Advantage Databaseserver

Post by Cliff_Wiernik_(Guest) » Mon Apr 02, 2001 11:46 pm

We use R&R with ADS. However, in the current application files have been closed but that may have changed. I do not use the Microsoft client as it caused many problems a long time ago. I stick with the Novell clients.

kfleming

Post by kfleming » Tue Apr 03, 2001 8:07 am

We are investigating adding ADS support to the next release.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Dave_Francis_(Guest)

==> RE: R&R Advantage Databaseserver

Post by Dave_Francis_(Guest) » Wed Apr 04, 2001 5:47 am

Can I add Suilven Associates name to the list of users who would luuuurve ADS support. Pretty Please.

Mark_(Guest)

Post by Mark_(Guest) » Wed Apr 04, 2001 8:22 pm

Now I^m salivating. R&R supporting ADS, this would be a great addition! My 400+ users would love this.

Sergio_(Guest)

Post by Sergio_(Guest) » Fri Apr 06, 2001 11:37 pm

Please add this feature. All of our customers use it and it would be of great benefit to them.

Taavi_Remmelg._(Guest)

Post by Taavi_Remmelg._(Guest) » Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:21 pm

We need this very badly as well! It causes quite a bit of confusion when it occurs.____pete____>We are investigating adding ADS support __>to the next release. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support ______

Jack_(Guest)

Post by Jack_(Guest) » Tue Apr 10, 2001 7:12 pm

I need ADS support badly! I cannot aford to punish my clients by closing the databases before calling R&R runtime, there must be a better way! ____Let^s hopy version 9.x will have ADS support!____Sergio__Montreal, Canada

Jeff_Ward_(Guest)

Post by Jeff_Ward_(Guest) » Fri Apr 20, 2001 7:09 am

>Or to the developteam of R&R __>: Please ADD this ADS __>CLIENT..... ____We second to this request.__ In fact we lose (BIG) clients because we can not switch on ADS encryption and hide data files from public with R&R reporting... (A really MUST thing on bigger networks)____Taavi.__

tsnyder9185

Post by tsnyder9185 » Fri Apr 20, 2001 8:39 am

I would like to have ADS support with DBF and ADS type files! Please proceed with ADS support, they seem to have the best database engine for DBF in local mode and client/server mode!