R&R 10+ SQL

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
accurata

R&R 10+ SQL

Post by accurata » Fri Jun 27, 2003 6:09 am

We have some trouble here with R&R 10+ (Build 10.1.001). ____ODBC is used to access / connect ADS Server 6.2 with __full patches installed (ADT file system).____The SQL query is simple and accessed tables are small.__All keys and foreign keys are indexed. Master table has __35 records joines to one table with 35 and second table __with only two records. Query takes 50 millisec. inside __ADS using direct SQL. Speed is measured with copy/pasted__script from inside R&R !____Ok, __if I start to create the report, it´s fine for a little__while; after I leave the report, takes 1 minute to load__the repoort again. Also needs 1 minute to run from __RSWRUN.EXE before anything is happen.____All file are on same machine (1,5 GB RAM, 2400+ AMD,__DDR Ram, fast HDD). ADS is connected in REMOTE mode, __so that Server mode is used, no change if I go to __LOCAL mode, except that R&R takes 99 % CPU (else ADS __takes 99 %)!Looks like query is running with empty__values ??!!____While open the report for editing or for execution,__ADS server (in REMOTE mode) is performing 200.000 __operations on THIS process only.____But whatfore ?____Master 35 records__Join1 = 70 records__Join2 = 2 records____A second report with 7 joins is not usable anymore__cause after saving, load time is more than 30 minut-__es !____HELP PLEASE !!!____________

kfleming

=> RE: R&R 10+ SQL

Post by kfleming » Fri Jun 27, 2003 6:48 am

If you load one of the R&R sample reports do you see this same slow performance?____Kathleen__R&R Support

accurata

==> RE: R&R 10+ SQL

Post by accurata » Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:16 am

__Yes, ____always when I open a report for designing or for __printing,it takes a lot of time.____Also, a high number of operations is being processed__on the server.____Regards__Maico

accurata

==> RE: R&R 10+ SQL

Post by accurata » Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:26 am

__Sorry, I read wrong !____Samples are fast and ok (except one, where I__got exception when I load). ____But the speed is ok, like I know from xBase Version __8 (that I´ve used on some hundred reports for more__some years).____