R&R 10+ SQL Edition and ODBC

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
accurata

R&R 10+ SQL Edition and ODBC

Post by accurata » Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:25 am

__Hi.____Using R&R 10.0.0.12 with ODBC attached to __a ADS xBase Server 6.2.____I have HUGE problems with that stuff and I__am already very mad !!!____Description :____I start R&R designer or Runtime based on a __query it takes up to several minutes only to __load the report. After loading and entering __the parameters, it takes very short time only __to run.____To test, I copy and paste the SQL state-__ment from R&R into my app. It runs like __assumed only a very short time (approx. 500 __msec).____Again I run the same SQL query from other __ODBC compatible product like MS Query, the __query takes only approx. 500 msec to run.______DEFINITELY THERE MUST BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH __R&R ODBC handling !!____And I can see it in my database manager console.____Applications operations : approx. 70.000__MS Query operations : approx. 70.000__R&R operations loading Report : some million 1)__R&R operations to run report : approx. 70.000 2)____1) means, operation count starts when I load RWS file__ into R&R designer OR doubleclick RSS file to start__ the report to run with RSWRUN.EXE____2) means, operation count starts when I fire print__ start button after editing report´s parameters__________