R&R 64 bit

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Andy

R&R 64 bit

Post by Andy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:47 pm

I currently use R&R 12.5 in Visual Studio 2011, using Windows 7, 64 bit.____I have a DLL written that will run the reports from the command line, all of which is fine. However, it is only a 32 bit version. I want to be able to allow these reports to run without having to rely on the 32 bit ODBC. I use an application that does not require Oracle (Client) to be present on the users system. Because the R&R reports will not run with an ODBC being set up, I am required to have the Client on the users^ machine before the reports can be run. I have tried to run the reports without the Client installed, but because I have to have the 32 bit ODBC for the reports present, I have no choice but to have the Client installed.____Question 1. How can I run the R&R reports without the 32 bit ODBC installed? I suspect the answer is I cannot.____Question 2. Is R&R going to be released in a 64 bit version that conforms to the Visual Studio CLR so it can be used as an object without having to use the ODBC (very similar to what Crystal Reports currently does)?

kfleming

=> RE: R&R 64 bit

Post by kfleming » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:49 pm

We realize that the 32 bit world is diminishing but do not have a true 64 bit SQL version on the near term horizon.____Kathleen__R&R Support