R&R 9.0 PDF Embed Fonts

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Rich_Hamilton_(Guest)

R&R 9.0 PDF Embed Fonts

Post by Rich_Hamilton_(Guest) » Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:55 am

In the Report Designer, if I print to the R&R PDF Printer, under properties I can select embed fonts. But fonts don^t appear to be embedded.__In runtime, I can^t figure out how to tell the PDF printer to embed fonts.____Is there a solution?____Rich__rich@sellbetter.com____PS: Kathleen, at one point you said you^d get updated PDF drivers from Amiuni, hoping that might help. But I^ve never received anything.

kfleming

=> RE: R&R 9.0 PDF Embed Fonts

Post by kfleming » Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:50 pm

I just sent you the updated files that I finally got from Amyuni last week.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Rich_Hamilton_(Guest)

==> RE: R&R 9.0 PDF Embed Fonts

Post by Rich_Hamilton_(Guest) » Thu Jul 04, 2002 12:51 am

Thanks for your efforts. Got the files in place.____Regrettably, I still have the problem. Fonts are not embedded in the pdf (running under Win2K) even when using the report designer where I can go to printer properties and turn Embed Fonts ON. Certainly not in runtime where I can^t access the printer properties to make that setting.____If anyone comes up with an idea, I^ll appreciate it.____Rich

kfleming

===> RE: R&R 9.0 PDF Embed Fonts

Post by kfleming » Fri Jul 05, 2002 7:32 pm

I have investigated this a bit more and it looks like an R&R bug rather than a problem with the Amyuni driver.__If you do File Print in R&R and select Properties, enabling the Embed fonts is really non functional.__However if you open another application like WordPad while R&R is open and the printer is installed in your control panel, you can use File Print Properties and have the Embed fonts box work correctly.____So this is one that we need to fix for you.____Kathleen__R&R Support