R&R SQL 10+

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
emetsky-do

R&R SQL 10+

Post by emetsky-do » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:34 pm

__Hello,____I converted an R&R 8.1 RRW (xbase) to a SQL Edition and I got this message.____ERROR Relation: This report contains a multiple scan relation. For information on how to implement this report in R&R, please refer to "Multiscan Workaround" in the help file.____^problem is I searched the help file for "Multiscan Workaround" but I did not find anything.____TIA,__Emetsky-Do

kfleming

=> RE: R&R SQL 10+

Post by kfleming » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:19 pm

The information is available at http://www.livewarepub.com/ftp/TechDocs/Multi-Scans_in_SQL.PDF____Kathleen__R&R Support__

Emetsky_(Guest)

==> Rswrun.exe and RRWRUNIN

Post by Emetsky_(Guest) » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:07 pm

Hi!____Can RSWRUN.exe read VFP 8.0 dbf files?____I^m trying to run an R&R SQL report using a control table (.dbf) which is located in the same folder as the RSWRUN.exe but I get this error... "Control table not specified"____RSWRUN.EXE RRWRUNIN____The SQL report works fine if I use the RSWRUN.exe via Windows Explorer.____TIA,__Emetsky__

kfleming

===> RE: Rswrun.exe and RRWRUNIN

Post by kfleming » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:21 am

You need to set up an ODBC data source that points to the DBF directory. Then on your runtime command line you use:____RSWRUN.EXE /TS<DBF table name> /CS<data source name> ____Kathleen__R&R Support

Emetsky_(Guest)

====> RE: Rswrun.exe and RRWRUNIN

Post by Emetsky_(Guest) » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:00 pm

Thanks for the tip Kathleen! It worked!!!____There^s one problem though. Everytime the report shows-up, the SQL Server Login screen pops-up. I have to click on the OK button to make it disappear.____My Login ID is sa and there is no password.____What do I have to do so the SQL Server login screen will not pop-up?____TIA,__Emetsky______>You need to set up an ODBC data source that points to the __>DBF directory. Then on your runtime command line you use: __>__>RSWRUN.EXE /TS<DBF table name> /CS<data source name> __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support __

kfleming

=====> RE: Rswrun.exe and RRWRUNIN

Post by kfleming » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:15 pm

You add /CU and a/CP to provide the user name and password to get to the control table.____RSWRUN.EXE /TS<DBF table name> /CS<data source name> /CUusename /CPpassword____Kathleen__R&R Support

Emetsky_(Guest)

======> RE: Rswrun.exe and RRWRUNIN

Post by Emetsky_(Guest) » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:32 pm

Hi Kathleen! ____There is a User name "sa" (sys admin) but there is no password.____I tried /CP" " but it does not work.____Help!______>You add /CU and a/CP to provide the user name and password __>to get to the control table. __>__>RSWRUN.EXE /TS<DBF table name> /CS<data source name> __>/CUusename /CPpassword __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support __

Emetsky_(Guest)

======> RE: Rswrun.exe and RRWRUNIN

Post by Emetsky_(Guest) » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:47 pm

I got this from help...____If your database requires a user name but no password for access to the control table, you must still use the /CP switch if you want to bypass the log-on dialog; for example:___RSWRUN /TSinvoice /CSsales /CUmary /CP____© 2003 Liveware Publishing Inc. All rights reserved.____And it still does not work for me. My control table is a VFP free table and I used an ODBC DSN connection and there is no User name or password.____The SQL Server Server log-in prompt pops-up even when I run the Report from the Report Designer.____TIA________>Hi Kathleen! __>__>There is a User name "sa" (sys admin) but there is no __>password. __>__>I tried /CP" " but it does not work. __>__>Help! __>__>__>>You add /CU and a/CP to provide the user name and password __>>to get to the control table. __>>__>>RSWRUN.EXE /TS<DBF table name> /CS<data source name> __>>/CUusename /CPpassword __>>__>>Kathleen __>>R&R Support __

Emetsky_(Guest)

=======> RE: Rswrun.exe and RRWRUNIN

Post by Emetsky_(Guest) » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:55 pm

Hi Kathleen,____I don^t think it^s the control table because the SQL Login Prompt shows up even when I run the Report from the Report Designer.________>You add /CU and a/CP to provide the user name and password __>to get to the control table. __>__>RSWRUN.EXE /TS<DBF table name> /CS<data source name> __>/CUusename /CPpassword __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support __

Emetsky_(Guest)

======> Finally!!!

Post by Emetsky_(Guest) » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:06 pm

The /U /P switches did the trick.____RSWRUN /TSinvoice /CSsales /Ujohn /Paccounts____Thanks!!!