Application error

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Nick

Application error

Post by Nick » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:58 am

All,______I get the following error in R&R Report Viewer xBase Edition 11.1.11.0 (file version), 11.1.009 (product version):____"The instruction at 0x772d7676 referenced memory at 0xc1c80498. The memory could not be read.____Click OK to terminate the program"____This occurs every now and then on a Windows 7 machine (32bit). I did not get this message on other XP test machines.____The strange thing is that when I execute the command a few times, mostly it works OK, in some cases it fails. So no problem with settings etc.____The command: "C:MyAppRR7RRWRUN" "/TC:MyAppTemp 3550724.ini" /WY "/OC:MyAppTemp 3550709.OUT". If it helps I can send you the .ini and .out files.____So basically: this error is generated at random when trying to execute the command let^s say 20 times (ratio 5 at 20).____We are starting to lose customers with this error which we cannot fix or capture. Is there a way to just not display it? That would help. We could capture it via code in our app. Best way is to fix it ofcourse.____Hoping to hear from you very soon,______Best regards,__Nick__

kfleming

=> RE: Application error

Post by kfleming » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:21 pm

Random errors are nearly impossible to troubleshoot.____Have you condsidered an upgrade to the most recent release?____Kathleen__R&R Support