R&R Viewer enountered a problem

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Eddie_Marshall

R&R Viewer enountered a problem

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:24 am

A couple of our users cannot seem to print R&R reports from within our application. When printing they get the message ^R&R Report Viewer XBase Edition has encountered a problem and needs to close^. If they do a Print Preview and then click the printer icon from there the report does print.____We use Version 10 (Build 10.0.012) Runtime. I think each of the users has an older version of R&R (Version 9) installed either on their network or on the C drive of their machine. Another user, who was experiencing the same problem, upgraded their installed R&R to Version 11 and the problem went away.____Does anybody have any ideas what might be causing the problem? I don^t want to have to ask the users to upgrade if I can possibly avoid it.____Thanks very much.____Eddie

kfleming

=> RE: R&R Viewer enountered a problem

Post by kfleming » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:58 pm

If you are allowing the user to select the printer at runtime, have them try using the properties button in the print dialog prior to actually printing. It might help.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Eddie_Marshall

==> RE: R&R Viewer enountered a problem

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:01 am

They don^t select the printer at runtime. It picks up the user^s default printer. Anything other thoughts?____Thanks.____Eddie

kfleming

===> RE: R&R Viewer enountered a problem

Post by kfleming » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:37 am

So RI_WPTR is set to DEFAULT?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Eddie_Marshall

====> RE: R&R Viewer enountered a problem

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:17 am

My apologies. We do ask them to select the Printer so I will try out your initial suggestion.____Thanks.____Eddie