R&R and 254 CHR limit for RI_FILTER

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
jzouain

R&R and 254 CHR limit for RI_FILTER

Post by jzouain » Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:10 am

Hi R&R Discussion Forum____I just posted this today and got answer from user of R&R__version 10 + with same problem.____Hope Cathleen or someone here can help us.____Hi VO-R&R guys____Looks like I hit the limit of RI_Filter on Wednesday.__Running VO 2.5b3 and R&R 8.1 Wondow.____I have a report with 9 tables related, where I have to write__an expresion to RI_FILTER from my VO app, the problem that I have is that the expresion is 268 characters, if I increase the field to more than 254,R&R would not run. So what I did was to take only the record that has all report specific param and increase on the fly the 254 chr to 274 and than write my expresion.____The expresion is OK, but R&R does not like it. __Besides looking at the R&R help file__stating that the RI_FILTER limit is 1028 Chr, __I don^t see any way to increase this__limit to 254 to 1028, does any one knows how to increase that limit.____In R&R version 6.0a for DOS you go to RR.CNF and increase this limit, in the windows version I don^t see any flag for this.____Any help appreciate it, thanks in advance____Jose Zouain

kfleming

=> R&R and 254 CHR limit for RI_FILTER

Post by kfleming » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:39 pm

Try adding the line:__CharFldWidthSize=2____to the Defaults section of RRW.INI____Kathleen__R&R Support