R&R is stripping escape characters

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Sergio_(Guest)

R&R is stripping escape characters

Post by Sergio_(Guest) » Fri Apr 06, 2001 11:43 pm

Hi,____I need to send some PCL commands to the printer and somehow R&R is stripping/filtering all my PCL commands. I tested my PCL commands with Wordpad and Word and they are successfully traansmitted to the printer. Does anyone at R&R know if V9.0 fixed this bug?____Thanks...__Sergio__Montreal, Canada

kfleming

=> RE: R&R is stripping escape characters

Post by kfleming » Sun Apr 08, 2001 6:30 pm

Version 9 (like all previous R&R for Windows versions) does not let you send escape codes to the printer.__Do applications like MS Word support this capability?____Kathleen__R&R Support

kfleming

==> RE: R&R is stripping escape characters

Post by kfleming » Sun Apr 08, 2001 6:32 pm

Duh!__You already mentioned that Word does support this.__Sorry for missing that.____I can add this as an enhancement request but my guess is that it will not happen any time soon.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Taavi_Remmelg_(Guest)

===> RE: R&R is stripping escape characters

Post by Taavi_Remmelg_(Guest) » Tue Apr 10, 2001 12:35 pm

>I can add this as an enhancement request but my guess __>is that it will not happen any time soon. ____It would be helpful for us even if we only can save escape codes with report to be sent before and after the report will be printed...__Just 2 more info fields to be saved with the report description?____Taavi.________ ______

Sergio_(Guest)

===> RE: R&R is stripping escape characters

Post by Sergio_(Guest) » Tue Apr 10, 2001 7:08 pm

>I can add this as an __>enhancement request but my guess __>is that it will not __>happen any time soon. ____Do you have any sugestions on how I can call a PCL file that is loaded in printer memory to print will R&R is sending data? My application was modified to call RRRun.exe (RR ver 6 for DOS), because your DOS RR runtime does not strip escape characters.____Please keep me posted! It^s 2-3 years I^m waiting for someone to fix this!____Good luck to you all!__Sergio____