R&R print on pre-printed form?

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
cal

R&R print on pre-printed form?

Post by cal » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:56 am

Could anyone offer any tips on using R&R to print a "report" on a preprinted form? Just printing the contents of data fields into the correct blanks (boxes) on an 8.5 x 11 multipart form. The forms are tractor fed on a dot matrix printer.____Thanks in advance.____Cal

Robert_Seidman

=> RE: R&R print on pre-printed form?

Post by Robert_Seidman » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:03 am

It takes a fair amount of trial and error and the judicious use of a ruler to determine where on the page you want each field to fall.____When you think you are close, go to print.____In the bottom of the print dialogue box, it says "Print what:"____The default is "report". Change that to "Test Pattern", and it will print xxx^s where the data will print on your page.____Take this test pattern report back to your design screen and make further adjustments.____Best of luck.____RHS

cal

==> RE: R&R print on pre-printed form?

Post by cal » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:01 am

Thanks, Robert. ____Not far from what I imagined. It^s off to the salt mines now, for me.____I^m replacing an old LPT base DOS character string output to the form... originally done about 12 years ago.

Chris_Strasser_(Guest)

===> RE: R&R print on pre-printed form?

Post by Chris_Strasser_(Guest) » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:23 pm

Here are a couple of additional techniques to make things a little bit easier...____1. Change as many bandlines as possible to "freeform" to allow for stretching and free placement in an area.____2. Double-click on the rulers and increase the ruler spacing to 20+ for both horizontal and vertical placment.____3. Turn off the snap-to-grid behavior (go to the menu, choose Format, Snap to Grid and uncheck it.____4. With "snap" off, use the alignment feature to keep things orderly

cal

====> RE: R&R print on pre-printed form?

Post by cal » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:01 pm

Thanks a lot, Chris.__These tips will help a lot!____Cal