R&R with XP and 2000

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Thomas_Freitas_(Guest)

R&R with XP and 2000

Post by Thomas_Freitas_(Guest) » Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:06 pm

Some of you, like me, have had problems with R&R and XP or 2000. I contacted Amyuni, the makers of PDFConverter that R&R uses. They sent me a demo file to try. I installed their demo and R&R worked as it should, except I ended up with the watermark across the page. ____I then went to my directory c:windowssystem32 and copied the file CDINTF.DLL, that was sent to us earlier from R&R, into that directory overwriting the file that was there. Apparently the CDINTF.DLL file in that directory was placed there by the pdfdemo program. I then started getting the same errors as before, "The printer port etc..." as well as the Windows error stating the windows was going to close the file.____I then deleted the CDINTF.DLL file from the RRW9 directory and everything was working just fine.____I still do not know what is happening and why, but I know that I can now create pdf files with no problem at all and no watermarks on the page.____I have created a download for anyone wanting the PDFdemo.zip at http://www.railsoft.com/pdf.html Once you download the file, unzip it and then run the install.exe file. Now go to the R&R directory and move the file CDINTF.DLL to the c:windowssystem32 directory. Once you have verified that you overwrite the CDINTF.DLL file in that directory, then delete it from the R&R 9.0 directory.____If everything works then problem is solved. Please keep everyone informed if this works for you as it did for me. Or for that matter, if it does not work.____If your machine is creating PDF files, then DO NOT download the pdfdemo.zip file.______Tom Freitas

kfleming

=> RE: R&R with XP and 2000

Post by kfleming » Sat Aug 17, 2002 8:43 am

As long as there is a single copy of CDINTF.DLL and it is an appropriate version, it can reside in the R&R directory rather than in windowssystem. R&R installs CDINTF.DLL into the R&R directory.__Any copy in windowssystem would not be as a result of an R&R installation. I am reasonably confident that the files in the download pdfdist.zip are correct versions.__It contains a CDINTF.DLL version 1, 0, 0, 1 dated 02/12/2001.______Kathleen__R&R Support

Thomas_Freitas_(Guest)

==> RE: R&R with XP and 2000

Post by Thomas_Freitas_(Guest) » Sat Aug 17, 2002 1:04 pm

The files in the pdfdist.zip file did not work for me! I tried them more then once. I believe that my situation is unique, but I know that it is also unique for a few others. When I had the CDINTF.DLL file in the RRW9 directory, it did not work! When I put it in the c:windowssystem32 directory and deleted only after I deleted it from the rrw9 directory, it worked!____All I am suggesting here, is only if the pdfdist.zip files do not work for someone, then this might be another avenue for them to try.____There is nothing at fault with R&R, it is something to do with this specific XP machine and a few others. I have now idea what it is! All I know is that when I did what I did, everything worked as it should.____Please do not get me wrong, as I love R&R and all its functions and ease of use. It is a fantastic product and I will continue to use it for a long long time. ____Again, the problem is with my machine and a few others, NOT R&R! This is only to help the few that get the same problem that I have had. I have a few clients that had the same problem, and it was fixed with what I did!

pdempsey

==> RE: R&R with XP and 2000

Post by pdempsey » Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:32 pm

Are any of the files associated with creating PDF^s operating system specific or does one set of files work with 98, 2000, and XP?____Thanks,__Pat__

Thomas_Freitas_(Guest)

===> RE: R&R with XP and 2000

Post by Thomas_Freitas_(Guest) » Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:44 am

I recommend that you try the pdfdist.zip from the R&R page first. There are files that are specific for each operating system, which you can read in the text file that comes along with pdfdist.zip as well as the text file from the PDFdemo.zip file. Both are the same!____The procedure that I stated pertains only to the XP machines that are having the same problem as I had and only have they did the update as R&R recommends. If that does not work and you get the same errors as mentioned in my previous message, then try the procedure that I stated. ____Please let us know what happens....