RIPARAM and OCX

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
DAVE_I

RIPARAM and OCX

Post by DAVE_I » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:45 pm

I^m using ver 12.1 and attempting to pass a parameter to the report using the OCX. I must be missing a step somewhere because the report is not picking up the parameter. Here^s what I did: In the report I made a calculated field called ThisEmpNo and gave it the value RIPARAM("ThisEmpNo"). In the filter I entered IE_LINK.EMP_NO = ThisEmpNo. On a VB.NET form I have the user select the employee number from the database and then put that value into the control using this: Me.RSReport1.ParametersString = "ThisEmpNo=14894" (In this example I^ve actually entered the employee number which I also hard-coded for testing purposes.) The I run the report with Me.RSReport1.RunReport(1). I also like to give the user the option to pick additional filters, so I display the filter builder. In the filter builder at runtime I see: IE_LINK.EMP_NO is equal to ThisEmpNo and then the report hangs when it tries to launch. Can you tell me what step(s) I^m missing?