RI_WPTR value ignored

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
DMADISON

RI_WPTR value ignored

Post by DMADISON » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:33 pm

using Windows 7 systems____I cannot get reports sent to anything other than the default printer. When I test from the command line in vdbase using my control file, or when I run this from within my vdbase programs, it always sends to the default printer.____This is my vdbase command window call, I use a similar command in my programs ____RUN "C:
ewstock rwrun.exe U:NewStockData eptpara 9")____I store "?" to RI_WPTR; this value appears correctly in the control file record; the Windows printer choice menu pops up, I select a printer. The report is always sent to the windows default printer, regardless of my selection.____Please does anyone have any suggestions?____

DMADISON

=> RE: RI_WPTR value ignored

Post by DMADISON » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:06 pm

also FWIW...the Windows printer dialogs function correctly in all other programs, selecting and delivering output to the chosen printer.__

Tom_(Guest)

==> RE: RI_WPTR value ignored

Post by Tom_(Guest) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:19 am

Are you sure that the printer drivers are on the computer that you are using. The system looks at the specific computer, not a network, when it uses a printer. If it printer drivers are on the network, the printer will appear in the dialog box, but it will not select that printer.

Tom_(Guest)

Post by Tom_(Guest) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:20 am

Tom, I will double check this but am fairly certain that the driver is local in the primary case of this since that particular printer (with which we first noticed this issue) is a local printer connected via USB port. But I will check. Thanks for your suggestion.

Tom_(Guest)

Post by Tom_(Guest) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:22 am

The printer drivers are definitely local.____

Tom_(Guest)

==> RE: RI_WPTR value ignored

Post by Tom_(Guest) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:23 am

Are you sure that the printer drivers are on the computer that you are using. The system looks at the specific computer, not a network, when it uses a printer. If it printer drivers are on the network, the printer will appear in the dialog box, but it will not select that printer.

DMADISON

===> RE: RI_WPTR value ignored

Post by DMADISON » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:33 pm

DMADISON

====> RE: RI_WPTR value ignored

Post by DMADISON » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:28 am

Thozassed

Post by Thozassed » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:25 am

Hi,____I see this every now and then, but I can^t see a pattern to the problem. It^s as though a report or client goes bad and stays bad.____We have cured it by asking the user to pick a printer then writing that into the report instance using the DLL interface.____IIRC we also write the printer name to the RRW.INI file, but I^m not sure how important that is.____HTH,____Dave