RR.UDF

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
john_schwartz

RR.UDF

Post by john_schwartz » Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:39 pm

I am exploring creating a User Defined Function for many of my R&R reports to look at but I can not locate the RR.UDF file that the documentation references. __Also once I find the file can I view and update it in notepad?____Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. ____Regards, __John Schwartz__

pdempsey

=> RE: RR.UDF

Post by pdempsey » Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:52 am

It^s on the R&R Installation directory. You add udf^s from inside of R&R under the Calculations | User Functions.____I^m not sure if there is actually an rr.udf delivered. It may be that you have to add a udf before the file is created. (Been using udf^s for several years, so can^t remember the first install.)____That will update the rr.udf. R&R Runtime will look on the local directory if you^re using runtime, so if you update it in the developer and then run it in the runtime, you may have to copy the new rr.udf file.____Hope this helps.____-Pat-

rickwjohnson

=> RE: RR.UDF

Post by rickwjohnson » Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:38 pm

I am pretty sure that you will find a rr.udf on the liveware site (livewarepub.com)that you can download and then add your udfs to it. They have some of the more complicated udfs already done and documented. It is in the Technical Bulletins, Tips and Tricks section.____One of the nice things about the rr.udf on line is that thay do use proper technique and and cover most all cases.____Rick Johnson