RR5 conversion to RR9 problem

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
patbert

RR5 conversion to RR9 problem

Post by patbert » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:06 pm

I^ve been using RR since the early DOS versions and have migrated dozens of reports to RR 9. There is one very complex client statement report that does not work properly and I am at a loss. This report works fine in RR5 but upon conversion to RR9 the results are different. I^ve narrowed the problem down to a table being scanned twice and thus subtotals are double what they should be. This report has multiple scan groups and grouping on conditional fields. I^ve checked the relations, the calculated fields, etc. and can find no difference. Even a new conversion (RR9 directly loading the working RR5 report) causes this problem. ____Interestingly enough, the statement works when I change the scope value to just one client. When I expand the scope value to include additional clients, the first client still prints fine but subsequent clients are totaled wrong due to the double-counting. I^m suspecting that RR9 is treating a relation differently somehow to cause this. ____Does anyone have any insight on this and what I should try next??____Thanks much,__Patrick Yuen