RR6 - Multiple Apps on 1 PC

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Dave_Francis_(Guest)

RR6 - Multiple Apps on 1 PC

Post by Dave_Francis_(Guest) » Fri Nov 02, 2001 8:32 am

We use RR with all our systems. We now have a user who wants to put 2 systems on one PC and run them concurrently. How can we duplicate the information in RRW.INI so both operate independently? He will use RR6, but I think we have the same problems with 8 and 9. Is there the equivalent of RRWRUN command line switches for RRW?____Any ideas of a solution or workaround would be most welcome! Thanks.

kfleming

=> RE: RR6 - Multiple Apps on 1 PC

Post by kfleming » Fri Nov 02, 2001 8:41 am

The RRW.INI would always be shared and any files that would reside in windowssystem could only be of one version.__But if you are running simply RRW.EXE or RRWRUN.EXE you could have different versioned executables in separate directories and still run each successfully. On my machine I have 6.5/8/8.1 and several version 9 variants and experience few difficulties in juggling these.______Kathleen__R&R Support

Dave_Francis_(Guest)

==> RE: RR6 - Multiple Apps on 1 PC

Post by Dave_Francis_(Guest) » Fri Nov 02, 2001 9:38 am

Kathleen,____Thanks for the answer - but I did not specify the question well enough! The problem is having different default folders for data and libs in each app. If RRW pops up with the wrong defaults, our users are likely to make a big mess of things. They^ll being using RRW6.5 for both apps, in this case, so no conflicts in versions. __I really want 2 RRW.INIs. We are thinking about changing some of the INI values in the App before launching RRW, but I can foresee some problems here, when they try and run concurrently.____Dave Francis

kfleming

===> RE: RR6 - Multiple Apps on 1 PC

Post by kfleming » Fri Nov 02, 2001 4:08 pm

If you put RRW.INI in the R&R directory rather than the windows directory, we will read the local RRW.INI on startup. But if you try to make any changes within RRW.EXE options menu, the changes will go to the windows directory rather than the program directory.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Dave_Francis_(Guest)

====> RE: RR6 - Multiple Apps on 1 PC

Post by Dave_Francis_(Guest) » Fri Nov 02, 2001 6:37 pm

That simple!!____I just love simple solutions - they^re always the best. (Why didn^t I try that?)____Thanks Kathleen,____Dave Francis