RRRun Crash with WinSpool in Win XP

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
vanessa

RRRun Crash with WinSpool in Win XP

Post by vanessa » Mon Dec 02, 2002 9:51 pm

I^m using R&R Report Writer XBase Edition Ver 9.____I have used OCX control in my application to call the R&R Report. Over my development Side( Win98), when I called the report to be preview, it works fine. __ __However, at my client side (Win XP Home Edition Service Pack1 ), when the program called the report to preview, it encounters an error, "R&R Report Viewer, xbase edition has encountered a problem and needs to close. When I choose to view the technical details, it shows :__Error Signature__AppName : rrwrun.exe AppVer 9.0.9.0 ModName: WinSpool.drv__ModVer: 5.1.2600:1106 OffSet: 00006182__ __It seems that the rrwrun.exe crashed with the winspool.drv whenever I called the report to preview. If I choose to print the report without previewing it, it works fine.__ __I have tried re-installing the application but the problem still persists. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem? Need to know it urgently.__

kfleming

=> RRRun Crash with WinSpool in Win XP

Post by kfleming » Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:53 am

Try deleting or renaming the file CDINTF.DLL that is in the R&R program directory and see if this helps.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Chris_(Guest)

==> RE: RRRun Crash with WinSpool in

Post by Chris_(Guest) » Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:23 am

I^ve having the same problem, but on Win XP Pro box. Renaming the dll did not work. ____HELP!!!!!!

freitas

===> RE: RRRun Crash with WinSpool in

Post by freitas » Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:04 pm

I had the problem, but when I moved my application to my D: Drive, the problem went away.

uggen

====> RE: RRRun Crash with WinSpool in

Post by uggen » Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:12 pm

I^m running this across the network. Our network drive is T. When installing the client portion on our workstations we are installing them on C. My D drive is a CD.

uggen

=====> RE: RRRun Crash with WinSpool in

Post by uggen » Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:10 pm

I think I^ve figured it out. It seems to be related to the printer driver and not the R&R install. We changed our default printer driver to Adobe pdf and we could then run the report. We are using an HP 4050 printer with the post script driver. We are going to attempt to use the 4000 post script driver.

marcel

==> RRRun Crash with WinSpool in Win XP

Post by marcel » Fri Dec 13, 2002 7:24 pm

>Try deleting or renaming the file CDINTF.DLL that is in the __>R&R program directory and see if this helps. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support ____I have a client who is experiencing the same problem, the only way we can get reports to print to the screen is to use the PDF driver. All other printers installed on the machine cause the error described above. ____They only have the runtime components so there is no R&R folder on their machine. Is there any other solutions aside from deleting the .dll?____Thanks,____Marcel Lerminiaux__Matrikon Product Support__marcel.lerminiaux@matrikon.com

John_Lewis_(Guest)

==> RE: RRRun Crash in Win XP

Post by John_Lewis_(Guest) » Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:23 pm

>Try deleting or renaming the file CDINTF.DLL that is in the __>R&R program directory and see if this helps. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support ____Kathleen,____If you can remember me I used to stand in for tech support for R&R in the UK when Kate McGibbon was in charge back in the nineties.____I have been using R&R since the old DOS days, but version 9 and Windows XP is causing me serious grief for RUNTIME on my clients PC^s. They only have the runtime files, and the winSpool problem is a real bugger even for previewing to screen____I have found that if I add a Generic Printer, then get them to select this for the very first preview of any report, thereafter you can select any printer you want. If you forget to do this you are unceremonially kicked out by the XP OS.____I and some of my client^s also get this with Windows 2000 Professional, though it^s not as bad as with XP. With Windows ME or 98 I have never ever seen this problem. You know I am experienced with R&R so you can accept what I am saying is correct. I suspect that R&R is not getting the proper feedback from the printer driver under the newer operating systems.____Please get the software guys to give this some serious thought. I^m not alone with this problem and it is letting an otherwise superb product down.____Best regards____John Lewis__South Wales, UK

kfleming

===> RE: RRRun Crash in Win XP

Post by kfleming » Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:07 am

Hi John-__Glad that you are still working with R&R after all these years!____I was actually at a customer site yesterday where I saw a 2000 machine spontaneously re-boot after making a printer selection.__We are sending a developer on site to debug this problem which is I think directly related to what you are seeing.____Kathleen__R&R Support

marcel

====> RE: RRRun Crash in Win XP

Post by marcel » Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:36 pm

Hi Kathleen,____Please keep me updated as to the status of a potential fix as well. My email is: marcel.lerminiaux@matrikon.com.____Thanks,____Marcel Lerminiaux__Matrikon Product Support