RRWRUN /WY option does not work

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Nevzat_Kanbur_(Guest)

RRWRUN /WY option does not work

Post by Nevzat_Kanbur_(Guest) » Sat May 13, 2006 6:49 pm

Hi,__During runtime while some dbf files are open (shared use) /WY option __does not work.____If I close all dbf files and then run rrwrun /WY then runtime works.__This means SHARED SWITCH /WY of RRWRUN.EXE does not work.____Any help please____Regards__Nevzat__

kfleming

=> RE: RRWRUN /WY option does not work

Post by kfleming » Tue May 16, 2006 8:35 am

Are you sure that the files are not opened exclusively by the other application?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Nevzat_Kanbur_(Guest)

==> RE: RRWRUN /WY option does not work

Post by Nevzat_Kanbur_(Guest) » Thu May 25, 2006 12:05 pm

I am sure that all files are open in shared mode.____Regards____Nevzat__

kfleming

===> RE: RRWRUN /WY option does not work

Post by kfleming » Thu May 25, 2006 1:16 pm

I just did a quick test and /WY is working for me.____I created a report against a foxpro table. I then opened that report in shared mode in foxpro.____I then ran the report using rrwrun and a control table without any switches. In my RRW.INI I have AllowW set to 1 so that other users can update tables. With this INI setting the report runs. I remove this INI setting and the report errors on a cannot open table. I leave this INI setting in place and then add /WY to my runtime command line. Once again the report runs which says to me that the switch is indeed working.____If I repeat all of this with the table opened exclusively in Foxpro, all of the above tests fail on a cannot open since Foxpro is not allowing the file to be shared.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Nevzat_Kanbur_(Guest)

====> RE: RRWRUN /WY option does not work

Post by Nevzat_Kanbur_(Guest) » Sun May 28, 2006 5:40 am

Hi,____I use Alaska^s xbase++ for development. I open files in Foxpro2x/Clipper/Comix compatible mode. This CDX index file works with CA-Clipper v.5.3b without any problem. (I have two application s that one runs in DOS and other is runs in Windows. Both applications use the same .DBF files and .CDX files simultaneously without any problem.____But when I open Report Designer or run runtime it give me error of opening files. Both designer and rrwrun see files opened in exclusive mode.____My rrw.ini setting are ok as you mention.____I could not find the problem till know. I solve the problem by closing all file before running rrwrun.exe then opening them again.__But this causes browser screens to be refreshed again which needs extra coding.____I am not using FoxPro.____Regards ____Nevzat____

Nevzat_Kanbur_(Guest)

=====> RE: RRWRUN /WY option does not work

Post by Nevzat_Kanbur_(Guest) » Sun May 28, 2006 6:35 am

Hi,____I solve the problem. Index locking mode of xbase++.____Thank you very much for your time.____Regards__Nevzat__