RRWRUN.exe Error printing to pdf

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Jason_(Guest)

RRWRUN.exe Error printing to pdf

Post by Jason_(Guest) » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:37 pm

2 of my users receive and error when trying to print to a pdf print driver "PDFCreator". The error only occurs on two computers for one report. I^ve tried all the solutions listed on this site with no luck.____Error message:____"rrwrun.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program." It occurs once the PDFCreator is selected and the ok button is pressed on the "Print" screen. Any idea how to fix??____Oh ya, I^m running Verion 10.1.002 Xbase Edition.__

kfleming

=> RRWRUN.exe Error printing to pdf

Post by kfleming » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:06 am

Are you also checking the print to file box on the File Print dialog?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Jason_(Guest)

==> RE: RRWRUN.exeprinting to pdf

Post by Jason_(Guest) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:17 pm

Nope, print to file not checked. All other reports work, it^s just this report. And to make things even more interesting the report works on everyone_s machine except for two of our employees.

kfleming

===> RE: RRWRUN.exeprinting to pdf

Post by kfleming » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:44 pm

Try having the users press the Properties button on the print dialog prior to using OK and see if that helps.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Jason_(Guest)

====> RE: RRWRUN.exeprinting to pdf

Post by Jason_(Guest) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:04 pm

It worked?? Thank!! Do they always have to do that or did that just help you identify the problem so I can permanently fix it?

kfleming

=====> RE: RRWRUN.exeprinting to pdf

Post by kfleming » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:55 am

They will always need to do it unless you upgrade to the latest V11 release.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Jason_(Guest)

======> RE: RRWRUN.exeprinting to pdf

Post by Jason_(Guest) » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:57 am

Why do only 2 of our users have this problem out of 40 employees?? They never had the problem before, so I find it hard to believe that we need to purchase an upgrade or update to resolve the problem? It has to be something I^m doing on the report that is having the problems.

kfleming

=======> RE: RRWRUN.exeprinting to pdf

Post by kfleming » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:48 pm

We have never been able to isolate the circumstances that cause this problem to occur. Like you are experiencing, it almost seems random.____The change that we made the seems to fix this problem was not explicitly done to cause the fix but usually makes things better.____I can send you the updated runtime executables for you to try if you want to send an email to me.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Paul

========> RE: RRWRUN.exeprinting to pdf

Post by Paul » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:34 am

Any chance I could have a trial version of the latest RRWRun.exe?____A nubmer of our customers that use R&R are getting major problems running certain reports. Having tracked the bug I can see that it is in RRWRun.exe that the problem is happening, but only on certain printers.____Many thanks____Paul.