RSWSQL.INI

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
accurata

RSWSQL.INI

Post by accurata » Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:09 am

__How to determine my settings for a ODBC datasource __do accordingly fix the needs of both datasource and __R&R.____Example :____[Platforms]__Advantage = Advantege__; should hit Advantage Database Server ODBC____[Advantage]__DataSourcdeDBMS = Advantage StreamlineSQL ODBC__DataSourceDriver = ADSOBBC.DLL__DBAnsi = 1__SelectSortFields = 1____..____For example, how can I be sure, the section [Advantage] __will really be applicated to Advantage Database Server ?__

kfleming

=> RE: RSWSQL.INI

Post by kfleming » Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:49 pm

One way that I usually test is by setting the DataSourceOuterJoinStyle to either 1 or 2. Then you can create an outer join and do a Database Show SQL to verify that the change took place.____Kathleen__R&R Support

accurata

==> RE: RSWSQL.INI

Post by accurata » Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:26 am

__Yeah but thats my problem.____In case there is no change, how do I find out __what is the right values for the settings of__"" marked entries section identifier and __DBMS identifier ?!____Advantage = "Advantage"____and ____DataSourcdeDBMS = "Advantage StreamlineSQL ODBC"________